Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mercat de la Boqueria and Rambla del Mar

Mercat de la Boqueria
Aka Mercado for us non-Catalans.Lexi and I went a few days ago after an unsuccessful trip to el Palau Guell. Anyway- This is a huge outdoor market off La Rambla, with all kinds of fruit, vegetables, eggs(I know..), candy, fishs, ummm..lentils...figs...whatever. You'll see. It's very colorful and reminds me a little of the Farmer's Market in LA, only, with no restaurants, and lots of raw fish, so, I guess it doesn't remind me of the farmer's market at all. Nevermind.

*Photos del Mercado and YES they have chocolate hedgehogs. aww. mitch.
*Yes, Some were alive. Creepy. (video)



Rambla Del Mar
Naner told me about this before going. It's huge, so I don't know if this is the part he meant. But La Rambla is a huge touristy street where they even sell hamsters. Anyone? I'm down. Also Korean Squirrels. And ferrets and chinchillas, obviously. There were like 2 animal stands I didn't see though, maybe they have hedgehogs. Anyways at the end there is a huge dock-boardwalk type thing that was built around when the Olympics were here. And we went to hang out there for a bit.
*Rambla del Mar photos

1 comment:

e said...

the chocolate covered hedgehogs have the same spelling, almost, as my name. Erizos. ohhhhh.