Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Trip...

Going alone on the plane was slightly scary, although I’ve done it before, it’s usually not across the Atlantic ocean with a ton of Europeans. On the first flight they played Mr. Bean’s holiday. They also came around before/after meals and gave us hot towels. Just like that one movie, I don’t remember which, I had no idea what to do with it. My first taste of crazy food was a little packet of snack cracker-things, which had a bunch of flavors from very spicy to something like a corn pop. I liked it though. Following tradition, I got tomato juice on every flight. We also got two meals on the flight to Frankfurt, one which was kindof like a chicken lean cuisine, the other a breakfast of some rolls and lunchmeats and cheese. At the time, I had no idea how much of that I’d be eating…

I got to Frankfurt and I was the only one in semi-bright clothes and flip flops. Oh well. There were little T-Mobile phone booths everywhere. How cute. I had nothing to do for a few hours, I just exchanged some money and wandered around aimlessly. The flight to Madrid was only about 2 hours, and the plane was a lot smaller. We were met at the airport by Jane, one of the group leaders, and all arrived one by one, Real World style. At that time we were all incredibly tired and just wanted to go shower/sleep/etc.

*First Photos

No comments: